NMPHI is Hiring
Have passion for serving your community?
Mainly in Lewiston but may have to work and travel to cities in Androscoggin County (mileage reimbursement available).
Community Health Workers (CHW)
Community health workers (CHWs) are front line public health workers that educate, advocate and empower community members on a variety of health issues and link them to available community resources and programs.
CHWs are trained to provide a range of health services, including the promotion of a tobacco-free lifestyle, nutrition education, prevention and management of chronic diseases, education, promotion of healthy lifestyles among youth, and skills for immigrants/refugees to navigate the U.S. health system.
• Act as a liaisons between health organizations and the community they serve.
• Providing resources and support needed to cope with chronic, acute, and terminal illnesses.
• Advocate for and connect client to vital resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement, education, and/or social/peer support.
• Ability to access and employ community resources.
• Conduct all activities and interactions in a professional, caring manner.
• Work in a cooperative and collaborative manner as a team member.
• Attendance of all mandatory meetings, supervisions and trainings.
• Ability to turn in up-to-date daily progress notes and additional comments and reports in a timely manner.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Reliable transportation and a clean driving record is a must.
• Prove of insurance of vehicle.
• Compassionate, caring attitude.
• Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Flexible scheduling.
Behavioeral Health Professional (BHP)
Do you find joy in working with children and families? Are you passionate about embracing fun and maintaining a youthful spirit? Do you prioritize making a positive impact and providing support to others? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, we invite you to consider becoming a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) and join our team.
NMPHI is looking for a dedicated individual to work as a Behavioral Health Professional working with children and their families. With the support of staff at NMPHI, our BHP will assist individuals in obtaining the support and skills they need to improve their level of functioning within their homes and communities.
- Provide support to families and youth in need in the community and at home
- Advocate for our youth
- Coordinate with other community based providers
- Provide accurate and timely documentation
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record is a must.
- Proof of insurance of vehicle.
- Compassionate, caring attitude.
- Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Flexible scheduling.